ADVANTAGES OF IN SITU
1. In situ concrete stairs are built onsite, with minimal fuss.
2. Because we build the stairs onsite, you work us all the way through the construction process.
3. We can cast alot of our stairs by hand, trucks which mix onsite, no waste.
4. We never require a crane to install, we use small pumps, minimal waste if we do.
5. We re-use all the materials, where we can, from each project.
6. Minimal disruption to site, straight stairs take 2-3 days, curved stairs 4-5 days.
7. Short lead times and fast turnaround onsite, stairs in weeks, not months.
8. If you decide to change your mind on design half way through, no problem with in situ.
9. The stairs can be used the day after they are cast, other types of stair will need protecting.
10. Can be built at any stage of a build, even if the floors are screeded.
DISADVANTAGES OF A PRECAST STAIRS
1. A precast stair is made the same as an in situ one, only off site.
2. Once ordered, you can't change design, or alter tread/riser sizes.
3. A curved, sprial or helical stair will be greatly more expensive if precast.
4. We are usually 40-60% cheaper, get a quote and compare to ours!!!!!!
5. A huge crane is needed to lift in a precast concrete stairs.
6. This can result in road closures, parking suspensions and huge disruption to site
7. Precast stairs have long lead times from when your order is placed.
8. Like all pre-paid for goods, very likely to be delayed for one reason or another.
9. No guarantee they will fit, or even built correctly.
10. You will only discover this the day the stairs are deliverd.
11. Once your roof trusses are on, a precast stair cannot be installed.
12. If you are delayed with delivery, this will have a knock on effect with other trades